Mind maps feature several powerful mental triggers such as images, colours, shapes, and connections, which help our brain process and memorize large amounts of information.
A mind map is a type of visual diagram that consists of a centralized subject and related topics or ideas branching off from it in all directions. From each topic, subtopics can again branch off, resulting in a radial structure.
A tool like FreeMind lets you create flexible mind maps that grow to fit your ideas. You will be taught how to use this software to start your mind mapping journey.
What You Will Learn
Organize – quickly organize your thoughts, ideas, or goals using mind maps.
Plan – quickly plan an event, a speech, an article, a business or marketing plan.
Rehearse and deliver – mind mapping is perfect for rehearsing your talks and presentations.
Clarify – mind mapping helps you be clearer in your thinking and helps you see the wood for the trees.
Think differently – once you have learned to mind map effectively, you will find that your mental approach to issues or ideas will be fundamentally different. Mind Mapping provides the scaffolding for a completely different set of mental processes and taps into the multitasking capability of the subconscious mind.
Enhance your learning – Everyone today has to continually take on board new information and learn new ways of working. Mind mapping (when done properly) accelerates both the learning and understanding of new information and helps with retention and recall.
Upon completing the course, you will be confident to create your own mind maps and show others the basic concepts.
Who this course is for:
- Suitable for complete beginners.
- Suitable for those who have previously tried ‘mind mapping’ but found that it did not appear to work for them.
- Aimed primarily at professionals in business but is suitable for all ages and all groups.
- Professionals can use this course to improve their personal effectiveness and brainstorming skills at work.
- Students, for example, can use this course to improve their study skills.